Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's kind of a big deal, why do I feel like the Doctor doesn't think so?

I've been overweight for a lot of years now.  So many I've lost track but if I had to guess I would say slightly overweight for the last 19 and seriously overweight for the last 12.  Sadly, after I write that it makes me think "overweight is overweight" right?  Why do I think it wasn't so bad those first 7 years?  "Hello, this is reality talking.  You have been overweight for 19+ years.  P.E.R.I.O.D."

I've been contemplating bariatric surgery for a long time.  It's been a long journey so far just getting to this point.  The point of accepting.  Honestly, I don't know if I'm on board 100% yet but I think I'm pretty close.  I've decided to have the Gastric Sleeve surgery and I'm 21 days out.  Really if you add in the pre-op special diet time I'm only 11 days out.  It feels really daunting. 

I don't have the best relationship with my Doctor's office and that isn't helping much.  I suppose I expect too much, but you know what, I'm a Mom, a wife and a daughter and having this surgery isn't something to be taken lightly so I sort of think it's okay that I expect a lot, right?  Are ya with me? 

So, in a nutshell this is actually the second time I've been scheduled for surgery and since neither has really lived up to my expectations and I'm still feeling like I would like some guidance I figure there might be other people out there too....so, in anticipation of my recovery (to a more healthy weight) I thought this might be a great way to reach out.  A place to say what's on my mind, a place to listen to what's on yours and since I've gotten little guidance from any doctors, a place to put together the resources I find.

Here we go, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I have been looking for ways to lose weight. I have never considered undergoing gastric bypass surgery because of the underlying complications that I may have. Having gastric bypass surgery often involves a second or third operation to fix problems which arise after the initial surgery. That will be like traumatic for me both emotionally and financially. So I have found a gastric bypass alternative which is called Roca Labs Formula. I have been successful in my weight loss journey with this Formula. Its been a month now and I have already lost 25lbs.

    ReplyDelete